Chair’s Opening Remarks
Opening Panel Discussion
The Digitization of the PE Industry: What the Future Holds
- How does technology influence VC/PE working processes?
- How does this feature in how daily operations are run today?
- What examples are there of types of tools currently being used by PE firms?
- Assessing the value of employing these tech tools
Reflections on the Tech of 2020 and What’s to Come in 2021
- What developments have been seen in the world of technology over the past year?
- What future developments are in store for technology?
- Which areas should PE firms be looking to invest in?
Impact of Tech Tools on Fundraising
- Which tech tools are being used in the fundraising process?
- How is tech being used to aid and streamline LP/GP communications?
- Examples of where tech has been used for AGMs
- How successful have these tools been and will they be maintained post-pandemic?
- What are the key learnings from virtual fundraising processes?
The Beginning of the Journey: Origination & AI
- How can using AI technology help PE houses gain strategic dominance?
- Discussing deal sourcing platforms that keep team members in the know
The future of DD: Tech & Due Diligence Post-Covid
- Exploring due diligence in its transformation towards being predominantly carried out via tech/virtually
- Which tools are available to enable due diligence to operate virtually moving forward?
- Has this changed since pre-Covid?
Value Creation through Servitization: A Journey of Transformation
- Monetizing and changing classical industrial business services in order to create ecosystems
- How do you change portfolio company thought processes regarding servitization?
- Considering which strategy to take to market & how to leverage certain platforms
The Use of Alternative Data in the Value Creation Process
- Data science and data use throughout the life cycle
- Data and Insights: how are people protecting their platforms?
- What are the varying uses of data?
- Creating a common data language as part of industry transformation
Monitoring ESG Performance through Technology and Data Management
- How are LPs using technology to monitor their portfolio’s ESG?
Case Study Series
No More Hero Stories: The Real Lessons Learned Over the Turbulent Past Year
- What types of tech implementation were the most challenging?
- Where can tech not replace face to face interactions?
- Examples where lack of tech use became problematic for value creation
- Which lessons can be learned from the tech horror stories of 2020?
Closing Panel Discussion
The Final Stage of the Journey: Tech Integration Towards the End of the Cycle
- Exploring implementation of innovative tools at exit
- Can technological improvements at portfolio level lead to a better return at exit?
- Examples of where improved technology within a portfolio company has led to strong returns
- How can tech at firm level be used to enhance the exit process?